FiduciaryPath provides consulting and Certification Assessment of investment fiduciary practices for Investment Advisors, Investment Managers, and investment stewards of retirement plans, endowments and foundations.
When an Investment Manager wants to publicly demonstrate adherence to the Global Fiduciary Standard of Excellence, FiduciaryPath offers Certification Assessment – independent analysis of the Investment Manager’s conformance to all investment fiduciary practices and criteria. Certification Assessment is a requirement for certification with the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence – CEFEX. Successful completion of the certification process results in public certification. This recognition implies that a fiduciary can demonstrate adherence to the industry’s best practices, and is positioned to earn the public’s trust.
This public acknowledgement of the Investment Manager’s faithfulness to the Global Standard of Fiduciary Excellence is especially meaningful to prospective and current institutional and individual clients or investors.
Industry professionals who hold the Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst (AIFA) designation and have appropriate industry training and experience perform CEFEX assessments.
A successful certification process, as decided by the CEFEX Registration Committee, results in:
• A CEFEX certificate and Letter of Registration
• Registration in CEFEX’s public database, under Registered Firms
• Use of the CEFEX mark in both print and web form
• A News Release sent to the CEFEX distribution list. The release can be coordinated with the registered firm’s marketing activities.
Why Assess An Investment Manager’s Investment Fiduciary Practices and Procedures?
• Helps to establish evidence that the Investment Manager is following a prudent investment process
• Increases investor confidence
• More effective client acquisition, retention and referral
• Institutional preference for CEFEX-certified managers
• Certification differentiates the firm
• Assures investors of the Investment Manager’s excellent practices
• Significant discounts on fiduciary liability insurance
• Increased organizational efficiency often reduces operating expenses
Fiduciary process improvement as a result of fiduciary assessment often means better investment performance through identification of, and conformance to, appropriate procedures.
• Helps uncover investment and/or procedural risks not previously identified
• Improved processes can mitigate losses both by reducing the likelihood of claims and by providing a strong basis for defense. A well-documented, prudent process is the best way to manage the risk of fiduciary liability.